On Tuesday, November 6, 2018, the National Society of Black Physicists executive board voted unanimously to confirm a petition from Hampton University Physics Students to formulate the first NSBP Student Chapter. Through a joint effort, initiated by former NSBP Student Representative Charles Brown (Yale, PhD Candidate), current NSBP Student Representative Joshua Burrow (University of Dayton, PhD Candidate), NSBP Student Council Members Dewan Woods (Purdue University, PhD Candidate) and Elon Price (North Carolina State University, Senior), and Maurice Roots (Hampton University, Senior), the group came together over the course of 3 years to put in place a process and establish by-laws.
Hampton University NSBP Student Chapter includes:
· Latrell Harris, Junior Physics Student (Chapter President)
· Tracy Edwards, Senior Physics Student (Chapter Vice President)
· Jamari O’Neal, Sophomore Physics Student (Chapter Treasurer)
· Angel Christopher, Junior Physics Student (Chapter Secretary)
· Angelina Gallego, Senior Physics Student (Chapter Member)
· J.Tyson McDonald, PhD – Assistant Professor (Chapter Advisor)
· Vacant (TBA) – (Chapter Assistant Advisor)
Congratulations to Hampton University's new NSBP Student Chapter!
Want to start your own NSBP Student Chapter? Click here.